Thursday, October 15, 2009

W Hotel, Donovan House/Zenten Sushi Restaurant, Paul Wharton's Bday Bash & Mandingo Tuesdays

After all fully day and evening of recuperating on Monday, I was soo ready to hit the streets on Tuesday. Since I was already in Dupont taking care of some business it made perfect since to start my evening there. The first stop…The trusty ole’ Trap (Fireplace) in Dupont Circle to start the night off right. If you’ve been to the Fireplace then you know what I mean; the drinks there are potent!!! After a, yes I said A (one), cocktail, I was ready to make moves. I’ve been chatting with my gal Nisha all day via text and she finally pulled away for her recording session and said she’d meet me in the city in about an hour. Hmmm…where to go next I asked myself. The plan was to hit the Art of Life party at Halo but after checking and updating my Twitter status saying I was leaving the Trap, I knew exactly where I needed to go. My gal Joi Marie (DC FAB), Editor-in-Chief for The Fab Empire was at the W Hotel spotting J Lo, Marc Anthony,

Photo from DC FAB

Gloria Estefan, Tommy Matola & some other Latin superstars who was in town for the White House's Fiesta Latina Celebration honoring Hispanic Heritage Month. With that, I finished my drink, texted Nisha to meet me at the W Hotel and hit is out the door within a few seconds.
The W Hotel was festive. I fleeced in, picked up a drink from the Living Room (hotel lobby) and hit it up stairs to the P.O.V (Point of View) Rooftop Lounge to a waiting reserved table. I had the table that’s right across from the bar in the back. The one that looks right out to the White House. If you been to the W Hotel’s P.O.V Lounge, then you know which table I’m talking about. Now, that space is divided by 2 huge planters to give the allusion of a separate space. Now, can someone riddle me this? Should I get upset that and feel like my space was invaded because some foreigners damb near move me out of the way to take a photo overlooking the White House? These French folks walked by my table and clearly saw the huge RESERVED sign for the space. It was written in English but come on…I’m sure they understood…lol. They proceed past my area to the adjacent one which had the plastic window down for warmth. It’s seems that because plastic window was open, one of the men thought it was O.K. to push past the dividing planters into my space. Not only did he not have the manners to ask but he had the audacity to call the rest of his crew of 4 to 5 people over. I was snapped out of deep thought by his deep French accent telling his group “it’s o.k., come over”. With that my chair was bumped as they tried to squeeze by me. “Excuse me, but this space s RESERVED” I said. “I’m sorry, this is out first time in America and we wanted to get a photo of the White House. We’re from France” He said, as if that was any excuse. I told them to take their pictures but then they needed to move on. After all, the space ONLY holds 4 people comfortably. After about 40 minutes of enjoying the cool night air, it got down right cold. I told the server I was moving downstairs to the Living Room. Nisha met me as I was moving downstairs. We found a table, I finished my drink and we were on the move again. Where to next she said? Why the Twilight Rooftop Party @ Donovan House of course.

We arrived at an entirely too chilly rooftop party, chatted with some industry friends then moved down to the sushi restaurant, Zentan, for dinner and to continuing partying. After diner it was time to hit to what I thought should be an OVAH party. My boi Paul Wharton’s Birthday Celebration at Park at 14th.

So we arrive at Park about 11:30, signed our lives away for the few reality shows that were filming, The Real House Wives of DC was one, then fleeced through the crowed to the bar. After ordering a drink and making small talk with some of my readers, Facebook/Twitter friends, industry folks and Nisha fans, it was time to locate the party boi of the evening. I was told he was on the second floor so Nisha and I made out way to the elevator. Only once we got on the elevator czar told us that they were not letting anyone on the second floor for the moment. Excuse me, I’m on the list and I’m here to party with my friend for his birthday. Sorry he said, I don’t make the rules. Now, if you know me or follow the magazine or blogs, you know I don’t necessarily like the Park or Love for that matter. The I only reasons I show up at the places is either because I was personally invited or if there is a charity event that I was there to support. I don’t go to the Park to “hang out”. I wanted to find Paul, say happy birthday and bounce to my next destination. Long story short, that party was poorly executed and a complete and disastrous waste of time. Had it not been for me running in to my FAB ASS crew that party would have been an even larger waste of time.

Paul: I’m sure this was not your fault, from what I gathered the producers of the reality shows had something to do with it. However, if you are going to have a birthday celebration and invite your friends, it’s probably a great idea to show your face at some point in the evening. I, like a lot of the folks I spoke with that evening, don’t hang out at Park, we came there for one purpose, to help you celebrate your birthday.

That didn’t happen; I was there for about an hour and never saw Paul's face. I emailed his assistant and informed her that I was at the party but couldn’t get to him…to no avail. After a little over a hour, I was completely over it; time for my next destination. We fleeced past the camera crews and hit it to Daryl Wilson’s Mandingo Tuesday at the Legend Nightclub.



I was a little hesitant when it was suggested at Paul’s party but I figured what the hell, you can’t go wrong with strippers. Walking up to the door and being patted down, I asked myself, do I really want to do this. Then I got in, Daryl waved me in and I hit the bar. Before I knew it I was shaking my ass uncontrollably. The party took me back to the days of the Edge/Wet when I was 23-24. A day when I can let my hair down and no one would look at me twice or any differently. A day when I was just another face in the crowd (if there was ever such a thing…LOL). I had the best time. Daryl, I have to say, you did your thing on Tuesday. The party was HOT, the entertainers were FINE, the vibe was SEXY, the music was INTOXICATING and the libations…let me just say WHOA! If you guys have been thinking about checking out Darryl’s new Tuesday night party but wasn’t sure, let me give you some great advice...JUST DO IT!!!



After the Mandingo Tuesday party, it was time to hit to the best time of the night…The After Party. I somehow talked one of the entertainers in to coming to the after party to perform for one of my boi’s birthday, whom I missed his party last weekend. Well, performed is was this entertainer did. He had the after party going all night. After more libations, shit talking, a fight and more libations, it was time for me to call it a night. How do I get myself in to these situations? I had a BLAST on Tuesday. See you out in DC’s nightlife.


STAY FABULOUS!!!
-Mr. FABULOUS


Follow me on www.twitter.com/dcsmostfabulous & subscribe to this original blog @ http://www.thecocktailhourdc.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment